Based on a lack of appropriate studies, distal femoral (varus producing) osteotomy was not evaluated.
- (128) Brouwer RW, Bierma-Zeinstra SM, van Raaij TM, Verhaar JA. Osteotomy for medial compartment arthritis of the knee using a closing wedge or an opening wedge controlled by a Puddu plate. A one-year randomised, controlled study. J Bone Joint Surg Br 2006;88(11):1454-1459. PM:17075089
- (129) Song IH, Song EK, Seo HY, Lee KB, Yim JH, Seon JK. Patellofemoral Alignment and Anterior Knee Pain After Closing- and Opening-Wedge Valgus High Tibial Osteotomy. Arthroscopy 2012. PM:22520445
- (130) Pongsoipetch B, Tantikul C. Open-wedge high tibial osteotomy in varus knee osteoarthritis: a 5-year prospective cohort study. J Med Assoc Thai 2009;92 Suppl 6):S109-S114. PM:20128075
- (131) El-Azab HM, Morgenstern M, Ahrens P, Schuster T, Imhoff AB, Lorenz SGF. Limb alignment after open-wedge high tibial osteotomy and its effect on the clinical outcome. Orthopedics 2011;34(10):e622-e628.
- (132) Rudan JF, Simurda MA. High tibial osteotomy. A prospective clinical and roentgenographic review. Clin Orthop Relat Res 1990;(255):251-256. PM:2347159
- Niemeyer P,Schmal H,Hauschild O,von HJ,Sudkamp NP,Kostler W. Open-wedge osteotomy using an internal plate fixator in patients with medial-compartment gonarthritis and varus malalignment: 3-year results with regard to preoperative arthroscopic and radiographic findings. Arthroscopy 2010 Dec;26(12):1607-1616.
- Saragaglia D,Blaysat M,Inman D,Mercier N. Outcome of opening wedge high tibial osteotomy augmented with a Biosorb((R)) wedge and fixed with a plate and screws in 124 patients with a mean of ten years follow-up. Int Orthop 2010 Jul 29:.
- Schroter S,Gonser CE,Konstantinidis L,Helwig P,Albrecht D. High complication rate after biplanar open wedge high tibial osteotomy stabilized with a new spacer plate (Position HTO plate) without bone substitute. Arthroscopy 2011 May; 27(5):644-652.