- National Guidelines Clearinghouse (NGC) and Guidelines International Network (G-I-N) are searchable databases of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
- Agency for Health Care Research and Quality (AHRQ) at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services oversees the NGC and provides information about performance and quality measures.
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force is an independent panel of experts in prevention and evidence-based medicine for primary care providers.
- The Cochrane Collaboration is a global not for profit organization working with collaborators to produce credible, accessible health information informed by high-quality, relevant and synthesized evidence.
- Appraisal of Guidelines for Research and Evaluation (AGREE) - an instrument to evaluate the process of practice guideline development and the quality of reporting.
- Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation (GRADE) - a common, sensible and transparent approach to grading quality of evidence and strength of recommendations.
- Institute of Medicine (IOM) Finding What Works in Health Care: Standards for Systematic Reviews 2011 Report
- IOM Clinical Practice Guidelines We Can Trust 2011 Report
- Explore AAOS's Find an Orthopaedist feature.