- Double diapering is not an effective treatment of DDH.
- This AUC addresses typical non-teratogenic/non-syndromic DDH. This addresses DDH in an otherwise healthy, normally developing child.
- The literature definitions of family history of DDH range from unspecified hip disorders to hip dislocation and from first degree relative (parents and siblings), to any relative (even if distant or vague) with hip problems or DDH.
- Corrected gestational age: Infant age should be based on corrected gestational age.
- Skilled and quality ultrasound evaluation should be available.
- Breech presentation is felt to be a particularly strong risk factor for DDH even in the face of a normal physical exam. Recommendation is for screening ultrasound at 6 weeks and a single AP pelvis radiograph at 6 months.
I have read and understand the assumptions and disclaimer
Return to homepage