- Double diapering is not an effective treatment of DDH.
- Skilled and quality ultrasound evaluation should be available.
- Acetabular index < 30 degrees is considered normal.
- Breech presentation is felt to be a particularly strong risk factor for DDH even in the face of a normal physical exam. Recommendation is for screening ultrasound at 6 weeks and a single AP pelvis radiograph at 6 months.
- Abduction orthosis of choice always includes repeat clinical exam, ultrasound/radiograph (age-dependent).
- Surgical intervention (closed reduction, arthrogram, open reduction, etc.) and post closed reduction CT or MRI always includes repeat clinical exam, ultrasound/radiograph (age-dependent).
- For patients age birth – 4 weeks, the treatment “repeat clinical exam” should be performed within 4 additional weeks.
I have read and understand the assumptions and disclaimer
Return to homepage